Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Bromont


The Mtn Bike racing season in Canada seems to play out the same every year. Bromont is always cold and muddy. It rained in the week leading up to the race and fortunately it stayed dry race day to let some of the mud disapate.


The momentum for the season is building and the numbers on the start line increased for this race.


They say that you only get faster by riding with the fast riders. At this point in time I believe that I may have jumped too quickly into the deep end.


I love the sport. I'm just not fast enough.


One thing that I really appreciate about this sport.... when I've lost my confidence in my ability to race, the fact that one of the podium riders can approach me, ask my how my race went and offer support. I could never see this happening in road racing.

No comments: