Monday, May 21, 2007

Baie St Paul Race


It felt like summer when I left the Okanagan and drove across the country to winter in Quebec. 69 hours of driving to get to Baie St. Paul. Thank goodness I had help with the driving, otherwise I may not have made it here in 5 days.




The course at Baie St. Paul had changed from last years technical course (which I had my big crash on last season.) The reason: because there was still snow on the higher trails. The course organisers were busy doing snow removal so that we could have the race on the weekend.




It wasn't a very technical course, but a fun one to start the season on. The numbers on the start line were few, but the names spoke for themselves as some of the world's best were there. For me, after 5 days of sitting in the van, I felt like I had forgotten my legs back in BC. It was a good race to start with.




On a side note, I recomend anyone interested in Art to visit Baie St. Paul. There are as many galleries in the small little town as there are Starbucks in Vancouver. In BC if you were to tell someone that you were an artist they would ask, "but what do you do?" In the Quebec city area, I believe the common response would be, "Oh you're an artist too."

No comments: