Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Hardwood race


Well... my plan to finish in 2:10 wasn't going to happen considering the heat of the day. I think I started my last lap when I planned to be finished. My first lap felt slower than my pre-ride the day before. It was one of those days when I felt like I could have had a minime version of myself running the course faster than I could ride it. I drank a bottle on the start line and am pretty sure I had sweat it out before the bell went off.

There were a few racers that were sent off to hospital with heat stroke, but none of them were on the Chinese women's team that showed up to the race. On the third lap I hear a quiet voice behind me say 'hello'then 'thank-you' as she rode by. The three of them managed to lap me.

A big thank-you to Kevin from Norco who fed me and fixed my rear derailer on the first feed as I came into it with no rear gears! I was thinking it was going to be a long race with only my front derailer.

I'll attach some photos... one of a guy about to bite it on what they call the 'Bone shaker' and of myself at the bottom of the section in my new Sugoi outfit.

No comments: